Thursday, November 1, 2007

Poetry

I love to read poetry. It gives language a succinctness that leads directly to the crux of the issue being discussed and hence, states the point. It does this concisely while avoiding the trappings of wordiness I find myself plagued with occasionally. J


The Prayer for Being Edited by Karen Burton Mains

Lord,
Edit me.
Correct me when my words are faulty.
Revise my thoughts.
Polish the rough passages of my being.

Submit me to a review panel who can judge
My strengths and weaknesses.
Correct the internal rhythm
So that the outward meter will be whole.
I want to be a work of art, Lord, a classic of some kind.

Give me form,
Fill me with the beauty of yourself.
Help those who read my life to see
That you are the workman;
I am the workmanship;
And out of me you are creating a work of art.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment