Thursday, June 4, 2009

Creepy Crawlie




“Hey honey, come look at this HUGE bug I found in our bedroom.” These are not the words a wife wants to hear. Unless she’s one of those people fascinated by such things. I, however, am not one of “those people”. Especially if the creepy crawlie is in my bedroom.


“He’s four inches long with some sort of long tail.” I cannot figure out how to respond to this, so I remain silent. Husband comes downstairs holding a glasses case. “I got him. He was in the window. See?” He opens the glasses case and I see bits of creepy-crawlie, very fast creepy-crawlie. I shudder a little and try to suppress the girly squeal. “What?” he says.

“Let’s bring it outside and show the kids,” I try to keep my voice normal. Tim gets a peek at creepy crawlie, but Ryan opens the case again and the creepy crawlie flies away before Sarah gets a chance to see it. She is genuinely miffed about this and I briefly wonder if she is one of “those people”. Of course it wasn’t in her BEDROOM.

I only want to know two things, “What was it? Will there be any more of them?”

My husband searches the internet and about ten minutes later, he has a full report on Megarhyssa, a wasp, formerly known as the creepy crawlie. He even has a picture to show Sarah. Click here for the rest of the story.


No comments:

Post a Comment