Sunday, August 9, 2009

Community Garden



How does our garden grow?

Like crazy, that's how! Yikes! We are part of a community garden at the church on our corner and I am astounded at the amount of produce our 12 x 16 plot has produced. These are wax beans, cucs, a green pepper and broccoli. This picture is from one trip to the garden. We have given away a ton of produce as well. We also had radishes, and we are growing carrots, potatoes and pumpkins. Oh, and the lettuce and collards too. We've had some interesting garden moments. Marcus walked with Daddy to the garden and ran home becasue he had to go potty. However, he forgot to ask Daddy and frantic Dad called me to verify whereabouts. My favorite garden moment is Lucas sitting next to the lettuce, eating piece after piece.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! Our broccoli doesn't look nearly as good as yours does! It's finally coming around though. Our lettuce is done, and I've got over 10 cups of shredded zucchini in the freezer, so we're going to now try to pick them when they're smaller so we can try them a different way. And our tomatoes....holy cow! The amount scares me. LOL I'm hoping to can a lot with my mother-in-law's help since it will be my first time. Hopefully after that I'll know what to do! Enjoy your fresh produce!

    ReplyDelete