Thursday, April 15, 2010

Elephant Guns


People who seek spiritual contentment do not want to be challenged or moved. What I love about my God is that He does not let me stay as I am; he wants me to grow, and like a parent, He rejoices in my growth, and nothing is better than that Hallelujah!

Someone who is pure will not be afraid to offend, or call "a sin", "a sin". Many Christians today do not want to confront sin or stand apart from the world. We are surrounded by sin. But we don't call it that. We are surrounded by the proverbial elephant in the room. Those with true purity are elephant trackers. They carry elephant guns. They do not ignore the signs of an elephant. My husband, thankfully, is such a man.

With the Holy Spirit's guidance, he recently pointed out one of my elephants. I closed my eyes and waited for him to shoot it. But instead, I felt him touch my hand and heard him ask, "Where does your help come from? Who do you trust?" You see, my elephant was self-defeating self pity. So I opened my eyes and found a large elephant gun in my hands. Yep, I had to look my elephant right in the eye and take aim. It wasn't an easy task. This elephant had been following me around for quite awhile. No one else had mentioned it... it wasn't even that big of an elephant but it had to go. So, listen to the elephant trackers in your life, and when they hand you the gun, take it boldly, take aim and fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment