Wednesday, December 22, 2010




I have a Veggie Tales plastic nativity set on my counter that my twins play with every day. Sometimes they leave the figures in very interesting positions.

I know other families who do this and you end up with little people and pretty ponies visiting baby Jesus…how sweet…

Things are a little different at my house. I found baby Jesus propped on the roof of the stable, three wise men lying down in front and everyone else behind the stable, except for one green army guy with a gun lying near the wise men. “Hey, Mark, what happened?”

I knew I was in for a story because he sat down, grabbed a wise man and started, “Well, mom…”

“You know how Herod wants Jesus dead? Well, he tricked these wise man into becoming his minions!

They came here to kill Jesus, but this army guy shot at them. Pshoo! Pshoo!

And he killed one, but the other two wise men got him…arr!!….

So everyone ran for cover screaming ahhhh!!

Except Joseph because he just had a dream about the whole thing and was already behind the stable. He just didn’t have time to warn them or maybe he forgot. Oops!

But Baby Jesus can’t run. And, because he’s really God, of course, and He’s got power. Woosh!! So his manger flew up into the air, waashoom!!

and he killed the other two wise guys with red-hot laser beams!” uh,,uh,,, and they fell down. Amen!, I mean, the end.”

This left me wondering what will happen tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment