Monday, April 6, 2009

“My husband is unemployed.”
“We don’t have an income.”
“Our health insurance ends April 30.”

These are such strange statements to make. It’s been one week since Ryan drove to work and found himself without a job. One week of adjustment, unemployment paperwork, and meetings. These statements sound so final, so hopeless, so typical of “the economic downturn” we keep hearing about. So, I offer a few followup statements.

“God is in control.”
“’For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.’”
“Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified. Do not be discouraged, for the Lord, your God, is with you wherever you go.”

While I am not presently terrified or discouraged, it creates peace within me to know that I am not alone and that God’s ultimate purpose will prevail. If I tell you I am doing well under the circumstances, please ask me, “What are you doing under there?”
God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of courage and a sound mind. Praise the Lord for that!



Cardboard Testimonies Broken Vessel Click on link to see video.

1 comment: