Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day 2010


My own mother, bless her heart, was stranded at my home with a horrible cold that swelled up her eyes so much she couldn't drive home, so she and Dad stayed an extra night, and I got to help take care of her.

Then my Tim woke me at 5:00 Mother's Day morning, "Mom, I think I'm going to throw up." Sure enough. So I got to take care of my first-born, also. Quite a morning. Tim says to me, "Mom, remember all those times I'm not glad you are my mom?"
"Yes, Tim," I answer.
"Well today, I am REALLY glad you are my mom. You are taking care of me when I'm sick." As the morning went on, he felt a little better but we all skipped church. Mom's eyes were better enough that she headed home. Ryan stayed with the kids and I drove in the car (all alone) to I-HOP (all alone) where I got a newspaper and ordered my favorite breakfast of chocolate chip pancakes and a cup of coffee. Did you know they give you your own coffeepot there? Did you know pancakes are supposed to be eaten when they are hot? It was a wonderful breakfast, although I kept yawning for some strange reason. They even gave me a carnation.

Later, I got a nice, long nap, miniature roses, and a chocolate, chocolate cake from my wonderful family. I love being a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment