Wednesday, May 5, 2010


We now have a scale in the bathroom. I have always been opposed to this practice. Remember those commercials with the people chained to their bathroom scales? I have never wanted to be a slave to the scale or obsess over those daily changes in my weight. Hence, I have NEVER had a bathroom scale. Why now?

It’s actually Ryan’s scale. He used to keep it at work, but now that his office is home, the scale lives in the bathroom. I hid it in the closet for awhile, but it kept mysteriously reappearing. I have flatly refused to step on it. Instead of my becoming a slave to the scale (whew!), something else has happened. Something I didn’t, but should’ve, anticipated.

I now get daily reports, sometimes twice a day, on how much my eight year old weighs, how much a game weighs, how much the trash can weighs, how much…you get the idea…

So, we now have a scale in the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment