Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Five Laugh Challenge


The Five Laugh Challenge

“I challenge you to laugh five times today.” A facebook challenge from an out of state cousin. The post itself made me laugh. Did she forget my family? The six year old twins are good for at least six laughs each….but I will try one laugh for each family member today.

I ran around chasing madly (never quite catching him) this morning, in search of my Bible for Bible study. In desperation, I left a voicemail for the husband, but then the children found it, on the living room floor between the vent and the golf clubs, definitely not in its usual spot. The funny part was when I returned home and the answering machine message intoned, “It’s by the vent and the golf clubs.” This was in my husband’s voice and I was astounded. I didn’t expect an answer, and certainly not an accurate one. That made me laugh since this is usually the man who needs me to find things for him. It was a role reversal today and it made me giggle.

During Bible study, Lucas disobeyed his teacher and Mama had to intervene. When I told him he was going to go and apologize, he said, “I need a moment. I’m just too cryable.” That one made me laugh, albeit not at the moment, but later.

During the Bible study, called “Loving Your Husband,” there were at least five laughs as we encouraged each other and shared experiences regarding those men we married and how best to love them. The three s's were shared and had us all laughing: Sex, Sports, and Sandwiches

Last week was the daughter’s birthday. She is now eight years old and finished her end of level spelling test. She is now in 6th. grade spelling. Her open mouthed expression and wide eyes as she said, “Sixth grade? No Way!” made me laugh too.

The nine year old makes me laugh every day too. His antics while carrying the kiddie pool on his head today with such a silly face made me laugh out loud at the store.

Maybe I’m just an easy laugher. I put the kiddie pool purchase as a facebook status. One friend asked, “Are you going to let the kids use it, too?” That made me laugh.

Marcus read his whole “Jet Bed” book today and told me that the Web men in the book were only real in his imagination. That made me laugh, too.

Yikes, it’s only 2:00 pm and that five laughs a day quota is long filled. I hope tomorrow is as laughable as today.

No comments:

Post a Comment