Thursday, June 16, 2011

“Mom, I am so ready to go to heaven.” Nine year old boy.

“I have those days too, my son.”

“What’s your pick for Jesus’ return?”

“I don’t have one.”

“You don’t have one?”

Nope. It’s kind of like this. You are waiting to go on vacation and you keep asking your Dad, “Is it time to go yet? Is it time to go yet?”

Dad finally looks at you and says, “I will let you know when it is time to go, just trust me. You aren’t going to miss it.” It’s like that.

“Well, I’m just waiting for God to say, “Kids, get in the van.”

“Me, too, son, me, too.”

1 comment:

  1. I love this. My father n law died not too long ago. My six year old asks, "is God going to take me to heaven too?". I answer, "it's not your turn yet.". Then he asks, "When will it be my turn?". I say,"only God knows that.". Then he says, "should I go pack to get ready?". Lol.

    I wish I could think as simple as a child sometimes.

    ReplyDelete