Monday, October 1, 2007

Things Kids Say

Mark says “I have belly ache, Pray it, Mama, pray it!”

Sarah woke up with a stuffy nose, “Mama, I have the blessyous.” “The blessyous?” “Yeah, I keep sneezing.” Oh, the Bless You’s!

Tim wants to know why I am on the left side of the car on the way to the library AND on the way home. Since we are traveling West instead of East, shouldn’t I be on the left ONLY on the way to the library? I tried explaining why compass directions are constants, and right/left stay with you, but I ended up with turning left with my west hand, and instructed him to talk to his Dad about it.

Luke wanted to help cut up the apples as he watched from a chair. “This is a black-handled knife. It’s only for grown-ups.” I said this in my best this-is-serious voice and he seemed to be listening intently. However, as I set the knife down, he reached for it. Our eyes met over the counter, and he stated very sincerely, “I a grown-up.” I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment