Friday, April 18, 2008

Five things

Five favorite moments of today (okay, yesterday)

1. Taking a walk with the boys in the burley and Tim and Sarah on bikes. The sun is shining and the grass is actually green.

2. We have lunch outside. Classic PBJ and some cut up oranges. Sarah tells me I am the best mom ever. I remind her that no one is perfect, and we all make mistakes. But Mommy prays to God and God helps mommy be a good mommy. Don’t we have a great God?

3. Washing two pairs of dirty hands coming in from outside play. What tiny little hands that will do so many things in two lifetimes. Oh Lord, bless those little hands.

4. Losing the parking ticket and having the husband find it in two seconds of looking after Tim and I looked for a half-hour with the flashlight and everything. Losing the checkbook (needed to pay the parking ticket). and becoming so upset I could cry. Calling the husband and being shocked by his laughter at the situation. It made me smile too and stopped the tears. Still need to find checkbook before I lose the parking ticket again.

5. Having a friend minister to us with grocery shopping this week. Her two daughters watched the kids while she took me shopping. It was a nice getaway and wonderful to talk to a grownup one on one. Oh, and it was nice to get the shopping done.

No comments:

Post a Comment