Friday, December 26, 2008

church practice



These are my kids, during “church practice”? During what? I see that confused look. I actually borrowed this idea from a wonderful woman of God, Cindy S. She had many little ones at the time, including a young boy in cowboy boots who liked to climb under the folding chairs our church used and army crawl through the tunnel. So she had “practice” at home.

Here are my children, each with their “bible”, while my kitchen timer is set for 15 minutes, and we listen to our pastor’s sermon on CD. This way, Mama can “train” and “correct” misbehavior ahead of time, without disturbing anyone’s worship. We did this Monday through Friday this week so I was all ready for Sunday morning.

But Sunday morning, I looked out the window, and what, to my wondering eyes, did appear? But a winter storm warning and weather so drear.

Yes, our beloved service was cancelled this morning. So much for implementing the lessons learned during “church practice”. Since it is Christmas this week and Ryan has time off, I don’t think we will be “practicing” much this week.

On a side note, Do you think the winter weather would keep my husband home? Not to be daunted by a mere “Severe winter weather storm warning”, my fearless husband, was soon out on the roads, delivering cinnamon rolls to some of our church friends. Geesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment