Sunday, December 21, 2008

Mommy-teary-eyed feeling





Have you ever had that Mommy-teary-eyed feeling when you see the kids you love loving the man you love or the man you love loving the kids you love? You watch your husband read a book to the kids or hug them. You know the feeling. Or your son brings Daddy a glass of water with an “I love you” note attached. That feeling. I watched Ryan build the kids a huge snow pile in the backyard today and was filled with that happy feeling. The man I love, loving the kids I love, and the kids I love, loving the man I love.

Later in the day, we were playing some music and one of Sarah’s favorites came on, “God of wonders, beyond our galaxy…you are HOLY…you are HOLY.” She learned this song at a vacation bible school this summer and loved it. Whenever it comes up on our kids play list, she runs to the living room and begins to dance, belting out “You are HOLY” in her best little singing voice. And my heart fills up with that Mommy-tery-eyed feeling. Only the feeling is bigger. Because this is my daughter, whom I love, loving the God that I love….

and what Joy must fill God’s heart when we worship him…

1 comment:

  1. I got teary eyed reading this.. what a wonderful blessing you are and what a beautiful family you have..

    ReplyDelete