Friday, January 16, 2009

January 13, 2009. Twenty years ago today, my husband's sixteen year old brother, Brad Westphal, went to be with the Lord, after it was discovered he had leukemia while on Christmas Break. He was a smart, funny, good-looking kid, who is still missed by his big brother, even after all this time.

I am reminded of Ecclesiastes and the times. There is a time to weep, and a time to mourn. ...a time to die....a time to be born....and God's time is always perfect. That can be really hard to accept sometimes.

My cousin, Jenny, gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on January 13. Kinsley Lynn. It is her time to be born. The beginning of the life God has given her. Life is such a gift.

Same date, different times. So for me, the 13th was a nostalgic sadness for Ryan's brother, and a teary happiness for this new baby. All day and every day belongs to God. And I am so grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Tracey! This is Heather E. (my maiden name initial) and we knew each other at Kentwood Community. I stumbled upon your blog in a very round about way a long time ago and just found my way back here again. We homeschool our two girls as well, and we have found it to be such a blessing.

    I look forward to checking back in here! I saved your blog address this time.
    Heather :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a gifted writer! I remember a poem you wrote about not being able to go barefoot any more. I have thought about that poem from time to time over the years. Your spirit is pure and edifying. Your kids must be amazingly grounded. Wish we lived closer.

    ReplyDelete