Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Thinking


“Mom, is God bigger than heaven?” My eight-year-old asked me this question. “That’s a very interesting question,” I replied (which is my standard I-don’t-have-an-answer-response,) “what do you think, Tim?” (That’s my deflection tactic).


“Well, you said when you’re in heaven, you’ll be praising Jesus so you won’t even miss me. Then when I get there, I’llI tap you on the shoulder. Then you’ll point at Jesus, and we’ll both praise Him. If you can point at Jesus, then you are in the same room or area or whatever it is. So if Jesus and you are both in heaven, then heaven’s bigger. But Jesus is God and he’s in our hearts too, so maybe God’s bigger. What do you think Mom?”


This got me to thinking, “ When we are on earth, Jesus lives in our hearts, but when we are in heaven, we are with God. Heaven is God’s presence. In heaven, it’s like we are living in the heart of God, so I suppose that if heaven is the heart of God, then God truly is bigger than heaven.”
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment