Tuesday, December 8, 2009

More things kids say

1. Tim recently picked out some stickers as a prize for some schoolwork he completed. As I looked up from our work, I saw bits of stickers all over his face. He was grinning from ear to ear, "look mom, I've got the sticker pox."
2. At mealtimes we share the worst and best parts of our day. Marcus asked Sarah what the worst part of her day was. She responded, "when I cried at the dentist." Marc's genuine response was, "How do you know?" This made everyone laugh.
3. In church on Sunday, Lucas asked me, "why do we sing, Mama?" "Oh," I whispered back during the song, "we sing because Jesus is in our hearts and we are so happy and thankful about it." "And mama," he whispered back, "we live in Jesus' heart, too. That's why we sing."

1 comment:

  1. Hey, there! I'm responding to your comment on my blog. :o)

    Yes, we listen to books on CD often. Our library also has something called Play Aways which are wonderful! You just plug a set of headphones into this little doohickey that is about the size of an MP3 player and voila! The only problem with those is that only one person at a time can listen. We're listening to Johnny Tremain in the car right now since that's our next read aloud and it's LONG.

    Any books that are Sonlight readers are ones that Lauren HAS to read....usually out loud to me, but sometimes she reads alone and then we talk about the book. I don't let her listen to the readers b/c they are what would be her reading books in a institutional school setting.

    Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete