Monday, December 14, 2009

2009 Christmas Letter


Psst...hey, yeah you...it's me. I'm the house of the Westphals and let me tell you, if walls could talk...these people are some interesting folks. Seriously, they have these four little kids that are always saying the weirdest things. The four year olds pretended to be birds this morning and then got in an argument as to whether a "seagull" or an "eagle" was after them. The six year old girl colors all the time, and the eight year old boy is definately in charge. When all four dance around the house, my very walls shake.
They aren't your average family and some interesting stuff happened to them this year. The Dad started school at in January at some Christian university named Cornerstone where he goes to class one night a week. He hasn't been around much; that is, except for April and May, as he lost his job. It was a bit of a surprise for him but he's one of those who relies on God and the whole family started doing that praying thing they do. Sure enough, by May, he had a job. Not as much money as the first one, but it's an opportunity, right? Thankfully, they didn't miss any payments on me.
The mom is busy, but seems happy. She reads to these kids all the time, and does "school" at home almost every day, even in the summer. Don't get me wrong, they went to the beach and the parks alot too. Their van was always pulling in and out of the driveway, and they were as loud as ever. Singing and talking, and arguing too. But I do like having the kids around all the time. I think I like to hear them read as much as their mom does.
I think the mom is hard of seeing. (you know, like hard of hearing?). She never drives at night, and she always has lights on, really bright ones. It makes for a cheery house and I like it.
The little girl took up dancing this year, and it just tickles me when she tap dances on the floors, but her smile is huge and she loves to dance. All of the boys have soccer balls on the back porch and kick them all over the yard.
You know, I may not be a very large house, and although my siding isn't new, I'm pretty happy here being home for this family with all their fun goings on and their reliance on God for everything. Yep, I hope they stay here a long time, and I hope they have a merry Christmas. You have a merry Christmas too, and believe me, if you got this letter, I know that they love and appreciate you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment