Monday, November 17, 2008

On Adventure


Have you ever gone “On Adventure”? Our family loves to do this. We clamor aboard the Westphal van on an early Saturday morning and pick two compass directions, one is either E or W, and the other is either N or S, and then we drive. When we reach an intersection, we turn whatever way keeps us on our directions. It’s like getting lost on purpose, but we have seen some interesting things. We try to bring the camera so we have photographic evidence.

Here is one such adventure.
We found these cars racing around a big parking lot at Grand Valley State University. They are students, careening around these cones to achieve the fastest time. And you thought college students studied? Note that the cars have taped-on numbers, and thankfully, drivers have helmets, but I couldn’t help wonder if mom and dad knew what junior was up to with that car they gave him for trips home. Note that one of the wheels is actually OFF the ground.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like fun!

    Hey, I realized tonight that you commented on my blog, like, 12 days ago, and I never got back to you. (I think I was "sneaking blog time" at the moment and didn't feel like I should take the time to go visit, and then later I totally forgot because I have this 43-year-old brain that doesn't work so great anymore.... anyway, sorry.)

    So I remembered and stopped by tonight, and now I find that I know you. OK, I don't know *you* per se, but I recognize your name b/c I know your sister-in-law Annette. She might actually admit to it if you ask her.

    Small world, eh?

    ReplyDelete