Sunday, May 10, 2009




Another successful mother’s day. Homemade cards and hugs from all four kids. I am so blessed to be a mom. God truly answered the cry of my heart and I am so grateful. So, in true mother’s day tradition, I did the same thing I did last year. I went to one of my very favorite restaurants all by myself. Yes, all by myself. Just me, and the newspaper and my own personal pot of coffee at a table for one at IHOP. Yes, IHOP. Yes, I did order the chocolate, chocolate chip pancakes, which were served hot and delicious. Yes, I did glance around at all those moms wiping syrup off their faces and their toddler’s faces, dealing with the crying baby or the teen who wouldn’t stop texting at the table. I felt sympathetic for the mom on two different “potty” runs with the same little girls, and the one whose son kept shooting people with his finger, “stop that!” But mostly, I was grateful to be alone, enjoying immensely my “table for one”, my coffee, my hot food, and my newspaper. A special thanks to my husband, whom I left at church with all four kids. I am a truly blessed mom in so many ways. Granted not everyone chooses to celebrate Mother's Day this way, but I was grateful for small bill and the time alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment