Thursday, February 11, 2010

Five Things (that I love to wear in winter) and a shrug


1. Soft jeans-nothing better than my well-worn blues, one stretch away from a hole in the knee.
2. Bathrobe – warm and fuzzy from neck to ankles, this is what I wrap up in for Bible Before Breakfast.
3. Supersocks – comfy, warm, and handknitted by Mom, they go over the regular socks and
keep the toes toasty.
4. Clogs- knitted, soft slippers with leather bottoms; they go over the super socks (we have COLD floors).
5. Make-up – this means I am either off to church, or friends are coming over.

6. (Yes, there’s six; I saved the best for last). The Shrug

What’s my shrug? Oh, my shrug is wonderful. My shrug is what I wear around the house when I’m cold (basically, all winter). My shrug is burgundy, white and black. It’s plaid, and flannel, and a little ripped. It’s quilted and it’s missing at least two buttons. It’s actually a shirt of Ryan’s (the man who is rarely cold and has no practical use for a quilted flannel shirt). So it’s mine. It’s been mine for about 14 years now. I LOVE my shrug. Some mornings I heat it up in the dryer before wearing it. The shrug is not allowed out in public, for obvious reasons, but at home, I wear the shrug, proudly, happily, and cozy warm, ahhh….

No comments:

Post a Comment