Wednesday, February 24, 2010

God is winking at me again



God has been so gracious to me. (Perhaps He knows me best and that I do like to have cheerleaders in my life to motivate me. I am not motivated by criticism, but rather devastated.)



I have only ever encountered positive feedback about homeschooling. Even complete strangers have said, “That is great!” (Granted, I’m not one of those homeschoolers who feels everyone should homeschool or that public school kids are somehow “less” educated than mine.) Sometimes I hear people explain how they are persecuted by friends, family, or complete strangers for their homeschooling choices, and I am amazed.



I have very supportive family and friends, and have not had to face this struggle (yet). In fact, I feel God sends complete strangers to encourage me. Case in point: The children and I were walking across the parking lot to the mall entrance on Friday. It was quite a walk but a pleasant day and I was talking about the signs and lights in the parking lot with Sarah and keeping the boys close, and as we neared the entrance, a woman kept step with us for a few moments and commented, “You can always tell the homeschool moms,” she began. I smiled and she continued, “not that your kids aren’t in school at this time of day, but that you guys are ALWAYS talking and teaching your kids.”
I laughed, “The world is a classroom.”
“That’s great,” she replied, “keep at it. Some parents don’t teach their kids anything,” and off she went.
It was just a moment, a little wisp of encouragement, and it made me walk a little taller as we headed indoors. Thank you, Lord, for your encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment