Monday, March 16, 2009


Sister Mitts

Have you ever adopted any of those helpful hints from Heloise? It seems all my helpful hints have been adopted from the people around me.

I used to stuff these mitts in the same drawer as my dishtowels and dishcloths. However, since I only have three shallow drawers in the kitchen, I use the verb “stuff” quite literally. It’s actually more like fighting the mitts in and out every time I use them. It was during one of these such fights (the mitts were winning) that my dear sister intervened. “Why don’t you hang them?”
“What?” I asked without looking as I fought the mitts. I realized I couldn’t remember if I was trying to get them in or out of the drawer. “The mitts,” she replied, “I hang mine. It’s much easier.”

“Huh.” So with the help of a couple magnetic hooks, I now hang them, and she was right, it’s much easier. Don’t tell the mitts, but I think that means I won the fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment