Monday, March 23, 2009

You think I have the organization gene? True, I have a list of meals in the cupboard. I have a tiny whiteboard with “meals for the week” stuck to the fridge, and I have a basic weekly schedule. Most laundry is Monday, most shopping is Wednesday. But for those of you list-lovers out there (you know who you are), you have got to check out www.donnayoung.org This lady has a yearly house cleaning schedule, yes yearly… She has cleaning light fixtures and washing baseboards. There’s a link on her website to Martha Stewart. It’s a little scary…But she’s got some good home school resources.

I also have it on good authority that www.flylady.com can help you to get organized also. Not so scary…

Sometimes a simple list is all I need. Like today:
Bible before breakfast
School Kids
Laundry
Clean Bathroom
Make Dinner

I can’t decide if it’s the list that helps or the actual physical process of checking off each item. Is there something that helps you stay organized? Feel free to comment or email me.
I heard of one mom who had the “accountability phone call” at 9pm each night. A friend would call and she would have to tell her if all was done or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment